Tuesday 17 January 2017

Our First Voices


The first time my Dad stood behind me while I recited the 'Gayatri Mantra' on stage in front of 200 odd people, he made me believe at the age of 4 that I could grow up to become an excellent orator.
The first time I saw Maa draping a sari, I knew I wish to become a woman of that aura one day.
The first time I met an Acid attack victim running a beauty parlor because she's passionate about it, I felt something change within me.

My first encounter with the husband of an Autistic woman taught me all you need to love and be loved is intent.

The first time
I Lost a Speech competition in Std. 9th, I felt it's the end of the world.
The first time I saw Deepa Malik win a medal for India at Paralympics, I learnt no loss or pain is bigger than your determination.
The first time a kid came up to me and broke down about how his friends make fun of his stammer, I realized I have a duty to perform.
The first time I realized I will never be able to meet Dr. Abdul Kalam, while hosting his Condolence Meet in College, I sighed because some Dreams got to just remain such forever.


The first time
a little, shy birdie (whose birth was being re-considered) cracked her entrances to become the first Doctor across all her generations and while she fake-complains about her everyday encounters with village patients in her ward visits, I feel lucky to have shared my parents with her.
The first time I saw Mahi becoming M S Dhoni on screen, I wanted to go hug him and tell him that no matter whether the stars dim out or the sun never shines, I would never leave your side.
The first time I was trusted with the story of a 105 kg bullied, feared potato sack transforming into a 75 kilos of inspiration who still fears the loss of his old parents, I knew I got to play a parent and a companion alike.
The first time at 23 I discovered I still wish to go to the hills and settle among the clouds, my hut and my own little world, I found my innocent self around.


The first
story of a shriek, win, drag, hope, dance, music, pain, beating, teaching, care, strength, speech, revolution, loss, love, beginning:I have lived each of them to become bits of them. There will be many more stories we got to write about.


Let's not give up on us.
Let's breathe and create some, let's stay connected.
The Sun shines proud every morning and so do we stand a chance.
Life's rewarding.

28 comments:

  1. You are one of the best orator in our college I have encountered.
    Please continue the flow of more nice blogs like this
    God bless u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amit! This means a lot. Thank You for all the encouraging words. :)

      Delete
  2. Let the world burn through you. Throw the prism light, white hot, on paper. Proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just led me through the belief that my chosen light isn't entirely going to fade away in darkness. Thank You for the words. :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Awesome dear!! I was able to recollect few of my firsts.. Looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I was able to do that. I shall keep writing, some shall be dedicated to you. :)

      Delete
  4. The first time got to know you and was totally at awe, how you have a matured side that can think and create wonder with words. You are brilliant and beautiful because of what you do. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The words weave because dreams have come alive again. Thank You for playing the role of the weaver, and keeping things intact. I shall always be grateful. :)

      Delete
  5. Made me remember few of my old memories!! well written, Looking forward for more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to bring you some more memories to live. :)

      Delete
  6. Good job di, keep writing blogs like these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well written as expected :)
    As you gather more experiences and write more stories do remember that not all stories are as seen outwardly, most are layered; do remember to take your time to understand its many layers before you commit to writing it.
    Looking forward to some good reads!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel happy I was expected to write well.
      About the stories, I sure am going to take care in discovering beyond the layers, to be able to bring some unpolished, raw songs. I hope I stay a good student to Time.
      This feedback shall always remain special. :)

      Delete
  8. This is Amazing...Really inspired by ur writing.
    I really aspire to write like this someday.
    Good luck Di. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May the forces be with you to write all that you wish to convey through ink. Thanks and best of luck! :)

      Delete
  9. Nice!! All the best on your blog. I hope to see you in the hut on top of the hill :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be glad to find you there. Maybe you can help me with your artistic vision of that beautiful nature up above. :)

      Delete
  10. That's some exquisite writing!
    Keep it up Ashu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment will always stay endearing to the heart!
      Thanks Varsha. :)

      Delete
  11. Nicely written.. I am sure the readers would connect to this piece of article.. well put.. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cannot stop admiring you di. This piece is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete