Wednesday 30 January 2019

Belonging


Tumbling away into the night full of stars, the guide waving from far,
Like a frozen misty morning ready to own your scars.
Beneath the questions, the answers, the protests, the pauses,
Did you believe there nurtured the anchor in the closet?
Oh, but your world is too filled with too many of you.
Too bad, I have always belonged here, and will always do.

Neither your unspoken glances nor the mirage of acceptance,
Not the shells you laid to make me walk the rocks of assurance.
I stood through the fire, the wind, the water, the space,
The Earth only classified as humans, never normal or gay.
You exist in boundaries and creeps, like no rules are meant to be defied,
Then again, love has no language- It’s just LOVE certified.


I am a beginner and a foreigner, I am accepted and discarded,
I believe in humanity which lays to rest across the noises.
Not your woven sweater of warmth you’d look for on a wintery evening,
But maybe the pile of wood, ever ready to be lit, for dreams and making.
A dreamer, a doer, an erupting ball never shallow,
If you’ve seen me smile, do not mistaken my tornado.

I will let the stars light by, and well if the morning sun pleases,
Here’s to my cross-dressing, the short hair, my choice of men, women or none- it eases.
You know when you are unwelcoming and all stares- I thought I’d make do with them all, pretending to be unaware,
And just be- with this revolving mystery of “Do I” or “Do I not” really DESERVE to be?

I am a human of varied emotions, a body with multiple reflections,
The pain, the shame, the acknowledgement, the despair,
Like my yearning soul who’s constantly looking for air,
And a catapult ready to shoot for the stars- as the vast sky may revere.
It doesn’t matter as long as I believe in my colors,
Blue, Violet, Red, Green- I essentially constitute the SPECTRUM, fair?.

My stories aren’t about how I don’t see myself a fit anymore,
My living dazzles around all that I’ve got to become, now and more.
I am a Diva to my dreams, a Dude to my moves,
I ain’t breathing shame in those locked spaces anymore.
My little song of freedom to this winsome, wholesome rhythm of hope,Goddamn, I have always belonged here, and will always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment