Saturday 5 January 2019

Maybe we should chat?

                                                               Courtsey: Google


Listen- I was thinking maybe we should chat.

You are under no obligation to say “Yes” but it’d be really interesting to get into your head and discover for myself these fatal, out-of-the-world, devastating- (metaphorical & literal)- ideas. I’m sure your brain operates vastly different from the most of us and that’s what really shapes you as the kind of being you are.

So, tell me- What is it that you notice first?

I’m not too sure but do you go to sleep with similar kind of thoughts or you’re thinking about it all day long or you’re just too inadequately supplied with the basic living essentials that you feel this is your gateway to being noticed?

Uhm, What is your daily routine otherwise, i.e. when you’re not at this mission? Or is this something that is not strategized and it happens, like one of our random dinner plans or a school bunk?
I want to know about your childhood- and your siblings, and parents- were you too pampered as a kid or they abandoned you for reasons unknown?

Was there a lot of pent up anguish, hatred, disgrace and detest that you were waiting to erupt at the next available opportunity or this was just one of the items in your to-do list that’s now checked?
Did nobody come speak to you when your synergy of shame or no shame overruled your essence of humanity and you were dragged into your first act, by choice or involuntarily?

Also, how was it? How did it feel? Powerful, Non-rattled, I-Am-The-Ruler-Of-This-Kingdom, Strong, Happy, Regular, Boring or Nothing? Nothing at all?

Instagram these days are filled with Sarcasm & Redefining Humor posts and I’m suddenly reminded of this one which has a giant pile of notes with a question popping-up to say, “Would you slap your parents if you could win five million dollars in exchange?” You get the drill now, don’t you? So, would you perform your activity if we were to pay you every time for it? On that note, it could become a legit profession and imagine you living the burden of its pride every passing microsecond- Is it cool enough or embarrassing or nothing again?

I don’t know if you’d be able to relate but most of us have dreamt to be where we are today or are “in-making”- Lawyers, Pilots, Engineers, Doctors, Writers, Sports-people, Drivers, Storytellers, Actors, and a zillion other professions which exist, popular, non-popular, famous, unheard of- all kinds of them. I don’t quite think we have it placed in our little notebook what you practice- What do you suggest how do we term it? Or you’re non-opinionated about it, again?

The other day, we tried telling 21-year-old Meera to not step out late at night in shorts- we thought there’s a pattern.
But then, 35 years old Jameela was just out last afternoon to buy grocery, that too draped fully in a Burkha- Good job, you broke the pattern. And how- Neither was 6 months old Shiny spared nor was 10 years old Aamir.

As much as we’d hate to believe it, this is growing more and more common in the households, churches, streets, villages, board rooms, vanity vans, slums, vegetable markets, fields- And we have no safe spaces to hide ourselves anymore.

I hope I have not angered you by asking too many questions and I’m not sure if it could agitate you further by what I’m going to say next, I’m sorry I’d have to say it anyway- I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU.

I ask questions because maybe you never bothered to ask yourself these, enough number of times. And while pleading, counselling, fearing, screaming, punishing might/might not effectively clean your mind or soul, I hope listening does.

So, with your consent, whenever you’d want to talk, I am listening.

And if you are hesitant about how to start, here, let me break the ice for you- “I am a rapist and I need help.”


No comments:

Post a Comment